Efficiently Retain and Recall Osteopathic Medicine for COMLEX and COMAT Exams
PicturePOM.com will help you pass your medical school exams, the COMLEX Level 1, COMLEX Level 2, COMLEX Level 3, and the COMAT shelf exams through Method of Loci sketches that allow you to retain and recall osteopathic information in an efficient manner.
Learn Cranial Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine through animations that have unique symbols for the principles and treatments you are required to know. The animations cover the concept of Primary Respiratory Mechanism, the relationship of the cranium with the sacrum, vault hold, and cranial strain patterns.* Use the technique utilized by memory athletes for passing COMLEX and COMAT exams.
Here’s what the NBOME has to say about Cranial Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine as it pertains to the COMLEX and COMAT exams.
- COMLEX Competency Domain 1: Osteopathic Principles, Practice and Manipulation, lists Osteopathic Cranial Manipulative Medicine as Required Element 1.1 for Knowledge of Osteopathic Principles, Practice and OMT and Required Element 1.2 for Skills in Osteopathic Principles, Practice.
- COMLEX Competency Domain 2: Clinical Presentation 5, lists Cranial Manipulative Medicine under ways in which patients present for osteopathic medical care.
- The NBOME COMAT for Osteopathic Principles & Practice lists Osteopathic Diagnosis in the following areas as consisting of 22-52% of the OPP COMAT exam content:
- Chapman’s reflex, Cranium, Abdomen, Ribs
- Cervical, Thoracic, & Lumbar Spine; Pelvic and Sacrum; Lower Extremities & Upper Extremities
- The NBOME COMAT for Osteopathic Principles & Practice lists Osteopathic Treatment Methods in the following areas as consisting of 24-56% of the OPP COMAT exam content:
- Articulatory, Facilitated Positional Release, Still Technique, Balance Ligamentous Technique, Functional Technique, Indirect, Exercise Therapy, Soft Tissue, & Myofascial Technique.
- Muscle Energy, HVLA (High Velocity-Low Amplitude) Manipulation, Counterstrain, Cranial
- Somatovisceral (Autonomic-Oriented Techniques), Visceral, Lymphatic
Quickly retain Osteopathic Cranial information that the NBOME requires for the COMLEX board exams and COMAT rotation exams.
Maximize your time studying Osteopathic Medicine and learn how easy it is to recall the information when you need it. Passing COMLEX has never been easier or more fun than with osteopathic animations designed to help you retain OMM information better and longer than traditional studying.
PicturePOM utilizes memory strategies that date back to the Greek orators. These powerful mnemonic properties were thought to be originally discovered by Simonides (c.556-c.468 B.C.E.)
[Simonides] inferred that persons desiring to train this faculty [of memory] must select places and form mental images of the things they wish to remember and store those images in the places, so that the order of the places will preserve the order of the things, and the images of the things will denote the things themselves, and we shall employ the places and images respectively as a wax writing-tablet and the letters written on it. (Cicero, De Oratore, II, lxxxvi – translation: Sutton & Rackham, 1942).
*All physiologic and pathologic strain patterns are included with the exception of SBS Compression